Tea is something that we drink everyday. Especially on the cold winter days like the ones we have at the moment. So, a great tea can make the life easier for everybody in a lot of ways. So, here are some of the best teas that you can drink to keep your health in good shape and be more protective of the overall sicknesses.
- Chamomile: The classic cold and flu tea. This is also a great drink if you want to keep your skin healthy that is why this is one of the best teas that you can drink. Because it can soothe away your skin allergies and make you feel peaceful even if you are on a bad day.
How to prepare a chamomile tea?
1. Harvest the fresh flowers by removing the entire flower head from the stem. Rinse the chamomile flowers in warm water and pat dry. Chamomile tea is best made using freshly harvested flowers. If necessary, it is possible to store flowers in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Wrap the petals in a wet paper towel and store in an airtight container.
2. Boil water in a tea kettle or large pot on the stove. Infusion tea kettles are the best option for fresh flower teas since they have built-in devices to keep the petals separated. Alternatively, you can use another infusion device such as a tea ball or cheesecloth as a makeshift tea bag. Always use pure or spring water and not hot tap water when brewing tea to preserve flavors.
3. Place flower petals in an infuser and let the tea steep in the kettle or pot for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the flower petals and optional mint leaves before pouring into a teacup. Enjoy!
- Green Tea: If you want to keep yourself on the healthy side then green tea is exactly what you need. It will boost your immune system and help you to fight off all the bad bacteria that might be around you.
How to prepare a green tea?
1. Take one teaspoon of green tea leaves. If you want to make more than a cup of green tea, take 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves for each cup. So, take 4 teaspoons of green tea leaves for 4 cups of green tea.
2. Now, take the tea leaves in a strainer/sieve and keep aside.
3. Now, take a stainless steel pot/pan and boil the water. If you want to use a glass teapot instead, go ahead. The ideal temperature for green tea is 80°C to 85°C, so keep an eye on the water to make sure it’s not boiling. If it starts boiling anyway, just switch off the gas/heat and let it cool for a bit (say, for 30-45 seconds).
4. Now, place the sieve/ strainer over the cup or mug.
5. Next, pour the hot water into the cup and let the tea steep for 3 minutes. This is the step where we need to be very careful. Not everyone likes their tea strong, so, to check whether the tea is just right, keep a spoon handy and drink a spoonful of tea every 30-45 seconds to find out if the flavor is right for you.
6. Now, take out the sieve and keep it aside. If you want, you may add 1 teaspoon honey.
7. Stir the honey in and let the drink cool for a few seconds. Enjoy your cup of green tea.
- Peppermint : If you have a stuffy nose because of the cold and there is nothing that can really help with it. Then the only thing that will work is peppermint tea. Make sure to steep it for at least 5 minutes if you want to get rid of all the sinus pain and feel better than ever before with this amazing tea, that is full of vitamins as well!
How to prepare a peppermint tea?
1. In a small pot, add the water and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the mint leaves and turn off the heat. Allow the leaves to steep 15 minutes at least. You can go a bit longer if you want a stronger flavor.
3. Strain leaves out through a strainer and pour into teacups. Add one teaspoon honey per cup and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
Well, these were 3 of the amazing teas that you can do in cold winter days for your sniffles to go away, or just to stay healthy. Well, don't forget! You are going to have to use a mug to fill the warm tea you will prepare so, you can pair your tea of cure with the amazing Koala Mug to get the maximum cuteness and cuddliness in your overall experience. You can find the mug right here!
Thanks for reading and see you on the next one!