Let's say you got yourself one of the coolest mugs that you can buy, which is of course from the shop "Mug and Socks". Well' breaking it may be a huge problem for a lot of people. Don't you worry. We got you covered. Here are some of the best and easiest ways of fixing a broken mug.
Let's get started.
1. Broken Mug Handle or a Mug Itself
Now, we want to talk about the handle and the mug itself first. Handle is actually a very easy place to break in a mug. So, here are the steps that you need to know when it comes to fixing it and the overall mug.
- Gather your materials: First things first, gather. your materials. You need adhesive, a paper towel or a rag of some sort, soap and water, and to protect your hand from the sharp corners, a glove.
- Wash and dry the broken pieces: If the mug falls to the ground and break, the pieces may get some type of weird chunks from the ground when it falls down. So, washing them carefully without turning the whole situation into a blood bath is an essential. Use the gloves for protection and act slowly when washing the pieces. After washing them, set them somewhere to dry. If you are careful, you can dry it yourself. Just make sure that you don't cut yourself.
- Prefit: This step is also a really important step. You have to know which piece goes where and how. So, in order to make sure that you are placing the mug correctly, prefit the broken pieces first. If prefitting goes well, then you can move onto the next step where we apply the glue on the pieces.
- Applying the glue: This step may be the most fun, but it actually requires the most precision. After you know which piece goes where, you can apply the adhesive or the glue and stick it to the proper location. Be careful not to move the piece after sticking it. That may cause some trouble in the fitting. So, be gentle and stick the piece really nicely.
- Clean-up afterwards: If you did not use any gloves or anything in the "Applying the glue" part, then you might have some of that glue on your fingers. If that is the case, make sure you use a lot of soap and water to clean your hands to make them free from that sticky glue.
Using these steps, you can easily fix a broken mug or the handle. Just make sure you apply these step carefully and without a lot of movement to get the best results.
2. Chip on a Mug
Chip situation is also a similar one to the broken one, but requires a little bit of different steps so, here we go.
- Gather your materials: Again, we need some materials before we start. In this case we need: glue, an emery board, soap and water.
- Wash and dry the broken pieces: Just like the process above, we need to clean the pieces first to get rid of oll the dirt and other stuff that may be on them. Be careful not to lose the pieces in the drain though. If it is too small, then you might accidentally drop it to the sink so, if you have a cover or a little button to close the sink, use it.
- Applying the glue: After applying the glue, stick it to the mug and wait for it to dry. In the drying and the sticking it part, all you need is some patience. Make sure that it is really safely sticked before you get to the next part.
- File the piece if it is out of shape: If the little piece is really distracting and if you can really feel it when you hold the mug, you can file it and remove the extra pieces that might cause some feeling in the hand. Make sure not to over do it, start small and let go of filing when it is the right time.
- Clean-up afterwards: Just like the process above, if you have any glue on your hands, just use some soap and water to get rid of them. It is best to be safe when applying the processes above so, don't forget to use your gloves.
Well, that is about it. These steps will make your life easier if you have a never to be found mug in your collection.
If you want to grow your collection more however, you can check out our store for a lot of different humorous mugs. You can also pair them up with some socks for a "Mug and Socks" combo that we adore.
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to keep your mugs clean! If you don't know how, check out our blog right here to learn about it.
See you on the next one!